We go through oatmeal in our house, left and right. In my quest for better tasting oatmeal, I stopped buying Quaker Quick Oats, and started buying Quaker Old Fashioned Oats. They take longer to cook, but have a far better texture. We just add a little brown sugar and cinnamon for the perfect breakfast. It doesn’t get easier.
- Brown Sugar
- Boiling Water
- We never measure oatmeal. We just pour out enough to fill the bowl ⅔ of the way, which I would estimate at about ¾ c of oatmeal.
- Then put ½ tsp to 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Sprinkle cinnamon (again, we don't measure) on top, lightly covering about half the oatmeal.
- Add boiling water to barely cover the oatmeal.
- Let stand for a few minutes, and eat!